Cloning an Email
Cloning, or duplicating an email is as simple as clicking a button. It is useful for retaining email elements that are repetitive such as banner images, copy or other content. The option to clone is given to both Scheduled and Triggered emails.
How To Clone an Email
The clone button is represented by a sheep icon, and can be accessed by hovering over the email you would like to clone. Follow these simple steps to easily clone any email:
- Hover over the email you want to clone and click the sheep icon.
- An editor will pop up in order for you to name the new email. Name your new email and click “Confirm”
- The Platform will take a few minutes to duplicate your email. Once the email is cloned, the page will automatically redirect to the new email’s editor.
- You may now begin editing your email for copy, creative and any links or social links that may change on an email to email basis.
Email Cloning Checklist
Below is a checklist of items to review and edit before publishing your next cloned email.
- Email Sender Information: Ensure you change the subject line of your new email. Generally the sender name and sender email address remain the same, however it is best practices to double check to ensure all information is correct.
- Creative Assets: Swap out any necessary creative assets such as banner images.
- Body Copy: Change any necessary body copy and event details. If a hyperlink needs to be updated to a different URL, please unlink the hyperlinked text, THEN re-linkthe text to the new URL. This will ensure no residual URL is still hyperlinked to the text.
- Footer/Link/Social Links: Change any necessary footer copy, links and social links. If a hyperlink needs to be updated to a different URL, please unlink the hyperlinked text, THEN re-link the text to the new URL. This will ensure no residual URL is still hyperlinked to the text.
- Unsubscribe Link: If your footer requires an unsubscribe link, please unlink the Unsubscribe text, then click the re-link button to hyperlink the text. The hyperlink window will pop up in order for you to insert your new URL. Select “Unsubscribe” from the “Link Type” drop down menu. This menu selection tells our system that anyone who clicks this link CANNOTreceive an email from that project. When a user clicks the unsubscribe link from their email, the Limelight Platform automatically blocks the user from receiving any further emails from that project. We suggest creating a separate project/website for an unsubscribe form or confirmation message. This way if you want the user to be directed to a confirmation page or unsubscribe form, the user can confirm they want to be unsubscribed from further communication, and you are able to track who has unsubscribed.
PLEASE NOTE: Limelight’s unsubscribe functionality will only prevent communication sent through the Limelight Database and does not include outside marketing initiatives or databases.
To learn more about setting up unsubscribe links and projects, please click here.