Unsubscribe For Email Communications
- On your project dashboard navigate to the communication tab and “edit” the communication you want to add unsubscribe functionality
- Navigate to the “Footer” tab to insert your unsubscribe link
- Using the Text Editor click the “link” icon to the very left of the second row
- A link settings pop-up will appear
- Within the “link type” dropdown choose “unsubscribe”
- Within the “Thank You Page” field enter a link to the desired page you want users to be redirected after unsubscribing
PLEASE NOTE: Limelight’s unsubscribe functionality will only prevent communication sent through the Limelight Database and does not include outside marketing initiatives or databases.
Global Brand Unsubscribe
To ensure contacts unsubscribe from your global marketing database follow these steps:
- Use the same process as outlined above
- Instead of inserting a thank you page link, in the final step, enter a link to the page used to unsubscribe contacts from your other marketing initiatives
- Save the communication with this external link
When contacts click the unsubscribe link they will be automatically unsubscribed from communications sent through Limelight. When they fill the form on your external unsubscribe link they will be unsubscribed from your global marketing initiatives.
Setting up an Unsubscribe Project
Limelight best practices include creating a separate project to capture unsubscribed contacts:
- Start a new project or rename a blank existing project as “Unsubscribe”
- Build a form with all the necessary information you need to access for all unsubscribed contacts
- Publish your page
- Use the link of this newly published unsubscribe form in the “Thank You Page” field outlined in the above unsubscribe link process
This ensures all entries who unsubscribe from communications sent through Limelight Platform will be captured in your Unsubscribe Project Database for future reference. To learn more about setting up an unsubscribe project, please click here.
Download the attached document for an in depth look into setting up your unsubscribe links.