Unsubscribe Support Document
1. Limelight Database Unsubscribe
- From your project Dashboard, enter into the email you want to add the unsubscribe functionality.
- Go to the email Footer section to open the editor and add your "Unsubscribe" copy.
- Highlight the text and click the link icon in the text editor settings.
- A link settings pop-up will appear
- Within the Link Type dropdown choose Unsubscribe.
- Within the Thank You Page field, enter the URL to the desired page you want users to be redirected after unsubscribing.
2. Setting up an Unsubscribe Project
- Create a new project called “Unsubscribe.”
- Build a form with all the necessary information you need to access for all unsubscribed contacts. Ex: first name, last name, email address...etc.
- Publish your page.
- Use the link of this newly published Unsubscribe Form in the Thank You Page field outlined in step 6 in the above unsubscribe link process.
3. Global Brand Unsubscribe
- Use the same process as outlined under “1. Limelight Database Unsubscribe”
- Instead of inserting a thank you page link, in the final step, enter a link to the page used to unsubscribe contacts from your other marketing initiatives
- Save the communication with this external link
4. Testing Your Unsubscribe Link
If you would like to test an unsubscribe link, you will need to create an alias email address so that you do not actually unsubscribe your email from the Platform system. You can do so by adding a "+" and additional info to your primary email address. This will allow you to test the unsubscribe link without having to create or use multiple email addresses.
For example: the primary email address is firstname.lastname@example.org, you can use email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: you cannot test an unsubscribe link from a test email. You will need to submit an entry on your web form, app form, or schedule an email.
Follow the steps below to test your Unsubscribe link.
- Submit a test entry on your web/app form using your alias email address, or schedule an email to be sent to your alias email address.
- Once the email has arrived in your inbox, click the unsubscribe link in the footer. If a URL has been placed in the Thank You Page field, you should be redirected to this page.
- Submit a new entry on your web/app form using the same alias email address or schedule a new email to the same alias email address. If unsubscribe is set up correctly through the hyperlink settings, the Platform will recognize the alias email address and will not send out the email registered to the alias.