Custom Reports Guide: Getting Started
Custom reports allow you to filter and manipulate data based on the information found on your website and app, cover consumer info, payments (if your project is integrated with a payment gateway), and sessions. This guide will show you the basics on filtering, adding columns, saving a template and generating a report.
How to Access Reports
There are two (2) ways you can access custom reports. Follow the steps below to go to the Reports overview on the Platform:
1. From the Dashboard
- From the Dashboard, enter into the Project.
- Click the Overview button.
- The Overview Menu will slide open. Select Reports.
2. From the Project Canvas
- Click the "Select a Page" Dropdown Menu from the top right of the navigation
- Select Analytics
- Click the Analytics button to open the Overview Menu
- Select Reports
Creating a Custom Report
Follow the steps below to create a custom report and save the report for future use.
- Under My Reports on the left side of the page, click +New to create a new report file
- Select which type of report you want to generate.
The report types correspond with the information gathered on your web pages, data capture/check-in apps, as well as session and payment data.
- Consumer Info: includes filters related to personal information such as first and last name, date of birth, postal code, city, whether or not a person has opted in for email communications, etc.
- Payment: reports also have some of the same filters as consumer info, except payment reports can also include filters covering payment amounts, the currency used, payment date, receipt records, etc.
- Sessions: reports include filters covering session dates, times, and locations, event capacity, number of people registered and waitlisted, and more.
Click the links at the bottom of this article to see specific report examples for more information.
- Once you’ve decided on a report type, add the columns you want to see in your report by clicking the + icon on the right hand side:
- Add filters to the report by clicking Add/Remove Filter on the left hand side:
- Once you’ve selected your filters, click Save to save the report as a template and then click Generate. Generating the report creates a .csv file (comma separated values) which you can download
- Your final report should look like this (with your own filters of course):
If you need further assistance, please email email@example.com